"I learned a new word today: gaslight"
It’s not like God taking a photograph but it’s apparently Nick’s favourite word.
What else is happening? We go back to school to do some basic French, remedial German, and complex maths. Nick makes the best of a tragedy, Jon brings a surprise, and we layer up for winter runs.
- Thread is one of Jon’s other shows—in this episode he mostly talks about this episode of Runner Pod. Rate, review, subscribe, and check for Jon’s many tropes.
- Matt Le Tissier does not know Jon but he was on one of our favourite podcasts, Quickly Kevin, will he score?.
- Guernsey Patois—a language neither of us speak.
- Lady in a tube is going cheap for Black Friday—she knows all the Moana songs.
- Do more with Amazon Alexa - IFTTT.
- Teksta Voice Recognition Puppy.
- The ever anxious eye of Sauron.
- Nuneaton bowling alley siege: Man arrested - BBC News
- Through axle wheels.
- Should you change to tubeless tyres? - Cycling Weekly.
- Cycle to Work scheme: everything you need to know - BikeRadar.
- Premiership Football Facts and Trivia by John White.
- Answer Me This is also available in the Nick Moreton Memorial Toilet Library.
- The Holding Role—a thing Nick used to make, which featured a football quiz.
- Another podcast episode where Jon is pain the arse: From the earth to the electronic thumb | Beware of the Leopard - The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy podcast.
- This smart salt shaker has voice controls but can’t grind salt - The Verge.
- A lesson in trusting the audience, from George Lucas: From my point of view the Jedi are evil. - YouTube.
We are online at runnerpod.com where you can look through old episodes, read show notes and blog posts. Comments, questions and thoughts please tweet us @runnerpod, @jonhickman or @ngmoreton. You can email us firstname.lastname@example.org.